EUの東京事務所で、 Press and Information Assistantを募集中です！
The European Union Delegation to Japan is looking for one: Press and Information Assistant
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, who have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Japan was established in 1974 with the objective of fostering closer ties between the European Union and Japan.
We offer a post of Press and Information Assistant. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, serving in the Political, Press and Information Section (PPI) under the supervision and responsibility of the Deputy Head of delegation. In particular the tasks will include, among others:
- To proactively identify and implement public outreach opportunities for the EU in Japan;
- To closely coordinate media and public communications initiatives with the diplomatic missions and linked national cultural institutes of the 27 EU Member States in Tokyo;
- To drive and expand the Delegation’s cultural and media activities, and to develop new formats and structures for these activities
- To manage third-party providers;
- To assist with missions from Headquarters
The job will be carried out in the EU Delegation premises in Tokyo with a working time of 37,5 hours / week. This job position corresponds to a local agent (Group 2) position with a starting basic monthly salary of JPY 548.091. The initial contract will be limited for three years subject to renewal for an indefinite period upon mutual agreement.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Full benefit of Japanese social insurance is granted and other benefits, such as additional pension scheme, are offered.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties.
- Enjoy civil rights and permits for employment under local law.
- Excellent knowledge of English (C1 level).
- University Degree
- At least 3 years' professional experience in an international organization or embassies.
- Sound grasp of IT tools (MS Office, mainly Word and Excel)
Knowledge and expertise in the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of the EU institutions
- Japanese language is desirable.