北京大学燕京学堂（The Yenching Academy of Peking University）では、中国国内外からの参加者を募集しています。
The Yenching Academy offers a highly customizable Master's program in China studies for English speakers with varied levels of Chinese language competency. At the core of the program lies its emphasis on interdisciplinarity and the value it assigns to thinking about China; past, present and future - from both Chinese and international perspectives. It also aims to push the study of China beyond the boundaries of traditionally defined humanities and social science disciplines, and is designed to incorporate the experiences and intellectual training of its diverse student body.
Scholars are allowed ﬂexibility in the design of their study programs and can choose courses from any of six research areas, one of which they will choose for their theses. A wide range of electives offered by the Academy and other Peking University schools and departments supplements core courses. Our interdisciplinary approach encourages dialogue across academic disciplines, and creates an environment conducive to innovative and fruitful exchanges of ideas.
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 120 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
Applicants should have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in any field, or be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program and be on track to graduate no later than August 31, 2024*;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
*Peking University does not allow students to be enrolled in other degree programs whilst studying at the university.
Candidates may apply through Yenching Academy's online application portal. Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
○ IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
○ TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
○ Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
○ CET 6: Overall 600
○ TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
* International applicants whose native language is English, or have graduated from an English-taught degree program (undergraduate or above), are not required to provide an English proficiency test report. Applicants from the Chinese regions of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan (HMT) are required to provide an English proficiency test report, even if they have attended or graduated from an English-taught degree program. Without providing an English proficiency test report, candidates from these regions will need to take English as a Second Language after enrollment at Peking University. For applicants from the Chinese Mainland, an English proficiency test report is a compulsory application material.
* English proficiency tests must be taken after September 1, 2022. Currently, we do not accept TOEFL MyBest Scores, TOEFL iBT Home Edition, IELTS Indicator test, or IELTS Online.
* Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, we will only accept scores sent directly to us from these organizations. Make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam time. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
More details will be available through the admissions portal once the applicant has created an account.