国際連合広報センター(United Nations Information Centre, Tokyo)では、現在、正職員、デジタル・コミュニケーションズ アシスタント(Digital Communications Assistant-G6) 1名 を募集しています。ウェブサイト管理、デジタルコンテンツの制作を主とする広報関連業務です。
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the United Nations Information Centre in Tokyo, Japan within the Information Centres Service (ICS), Campaigns and Country Operations Division (CCOD), Department of Global Communications (DGC).
The UNIC is part of the global network of United Nations Information Centres (UNICs), and
UNIC Tokyo is the principal source of information about the United Nations system in Japan. The UNIC is responsible for promoting public understanding and support for the aims and activities of the United Nations by communicating about its work and disseminating UN information materials to a local audience in mainly Japanese; engaging local and regional partners; and, overall, bringing the United Nations closer to the people it serves.
The incumbent is under the overall supervision of the Director of UNIC and reports directly to the National Information Officer (NIO) in UNIC Tokyo. Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assists in the electronic dissemination of outreach materials; prepares, maintains and updates websites, including drafting and editing content; uploads/downloads audio files and maintains file structure.
• Identifies and prepares new material for inclusion in appropriate websites by: researching various information sources for relevant material and cross-checking information with author offices as required; identifying, retrieving and downloading pertinent documentation and other information in requisite programming languages for Web format or inserting into database after determining appropriate categorization; editing documents to conform to UN format, structure and style and preparing new pages, incorporating graphics as needed, using appropriate authoring tools and necessary programming languages; preparing and updating index of documents; posting documents on the UN web and/or development servers and ensuring the appropriate directory location; checking and testing for multiple browser support, etc.
• Collects and produces digital content, including in local languages, different formats and/or platforms (e.g. infographic, videos, etc.), including the proposing of topics, undertaking research, writing drafts, obtaining clearances, editing copy, and coordinating design approval, translation procedures and distribution.
• Ensures UNIC Tokyo’s website is operating in accordance to the UN’s website security and privacy standards.
• Liaise with the server company and website company as the focal point to plan and implement website management, including content updates and solving technical issues. Support the procurement of these services.
• Researches a broad scope of information sources, printed and electronic; compiles and presents information for use in the preparation and production of digital communication products/services for target audiences.
• Localize outreach materials, such as news stories, senior officials’ messages, background materials, infographics, and leaflets, by translating them into Japanese, taking into consideration the appropriate tone and format based on the content.
• Acts as focal point on digital communications issues, monitoring and reporting on latest trends and developments, responding to inquiries, participating in monitoring and evaluation exercise, etc.
• Assists in the implementation of global communication strategies and campaigns to engage with local audiences on UN priority issues and/or major events, including the coordination of activities, monitoring and reporting on progress, taking appropriate follow-up actions, and analyzing the outcomes.
• Participates in the planning and coordination of outreach events and social cohesion activities using digital communication tools.
• Assists with the development of digital campaigns using social media, websites and email outreach.
• Assists in the monitoring and reporting of activities, and evaluating activities, and regularly prepare summaries on website performance.
• Assists in the monitoring and analysing of current events, public opinion and press, identifies issues and trends, and informs management on possible action/responses using digital communications.
• Performs related general administrative duties, as required, including the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems.
• Provides guidance to, and may supervise, junior colleagues, including other local staff, consultants, and/or interns.
• Perform other duties as required.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of policies, processes and procedures related to communication, production and dissemination of multimedia communication materials, including editorial standards. Ability to undertake relevant research, maintain records in a systematic fashion and retrieve necessary materials with maximum speed and accuracy. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Is committed to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently. Education
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Work Experience
A minimum of seven years of experience in digital communications, especially website management, social media, public information, public relations or related field is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to five (5) for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher.
Experience working with database-driven web sites, such as using and managing HTML, content management system, website hosting, website domain name, cybersecurity (e.g., ICT Architecture and Standards) or Google analytics, is required.
Experience creating content for digital publishing formats or platforms, including adapting briefing notes, press releases or speeches for websites, is required.
Experience working with website companies or hosting server companies is required.
Experience translating English communication materials into Japanese is desirable.
Experience working within the United Nations Common System or a comparable international organization is desirable. Languages
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English and Japanese is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable. Assessment
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by competency-based interview. Special Notice
This position is subject to local recruitment pursuant to staff rule 4.4 of the United Nations Staff Rules. Applicants for positions in the General Service and related categories must be authorized to work for the United Nations in the duty station where the position is located. Eligible applicants selected from outside the duty station are responsible for any expenses in connection with their relocation to the duty station. Staff members subject to local recruitment are not eligible for allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international recruitment.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance and geographical diversity in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.