US-ROK-Japan Trilateral Global Leadership Youth Summit
Interested in being a youth delegate in an international summit in Busan, South Korea?
Want to build lasting connections with other youth leaders while developing skills and acting on global challenges?
Passionate about furthering ties between the United States, South Korea, and Japan?
Then submit your application to the inaugural U.S.-ROK-Japan Trilateral Global Leadership Youth Summit! Selected participants will be fully funded to attend a 3-day summit in Busan, South Korea, July 11-13, 2024.
The US-ROK-Japan Trilateral Global Leadership Youth Summit is a new annual youth leadership initiative implemented by the East-West Center, with funding and support from U.S. Embassies in Seoul and Tokyo as well as the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea. This program is for emerging leaders based in the United States, South Korea, and Japan, with additional representation from Southeast Asia and the Pacific Islands.
Participants will take part in an online workshop series before capping off their journey in Busan, Republic of Korea to represent their countries at a three-day Summit. This summit will give youth the unique opportunity to work together with a diverse group of their peers to discuss and act on some of the most pressing global challenges facing the world today.
- Please complete all parts of the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications that demonstrate a lack of fluency in English will not be considered.
- Decisions on complete applications will be communicated to applicants no later than February 1, 2024.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to East-West Center in Washington Program Manager, Ms. Abbigail Hull (firstname.lastname@example.org).
旅費（ 航空運賃、ホテル、食費、韓国への往復の旅費、韓国国内の旅費 ）は、韓国教育省、 East-West Center、米国国務省が負担。
- English language fluency is an important aspect of this program. We will not be able to accommodate candidates who are unable to converse or write in fluent English.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 years old.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States, Japan, or South Korea.
- Applicants who are citizens of a Southeast Asian country or Pacific Island, must be an alumnus of the YSEALI or YPL program and nominated by their U.S. Embassy post.
- This program does not give preference to any academic major or minor over another. Individuals from all disciplines and academic backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply. Applicants do not have to be a current student to apply.
- Applicants, if selected, must be willing and able to attend four virtual sessions (to be held on weekends) and the U.S.-ROK-Japan Trilateral Global Leadership Youth Summit: on July 11-13, 2024 in Busan, Republic of Korea (South Korea). Participants must also be willing to take part in alumni activities and follow-on programs after the Busan Summit. Travel expenses (airfare, hotels, food, travel to and within South Korea) will be borne by the East-West Center and the U.S. Department of State in partnership with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea.
- We encourage a diverse range of applicants including those who are differently abled, identify as LGBTQIA+, and/or are members of protected groups (including refugees and/or North Korean defectors).
- Applicants must adhere and agree to all the “Terms and Conditions” at the end of this application.