概要 yenching global symposium 2024
We’re accepting applications for 100 delegates to come to Peking University’s historic campus and join our conference. Your trip is fully funded, including housing and accommodations. We can’t wait to see your applications.
Learn how to apply to attend YGS 2024 below.
We welcome applicants with strong leadership potential and readiness to participate in nuanced and interdisciplinary discussions on questions surrounding China and our theme for the year, “Equilibrium: Our World in Balance” if they meet the following criteria:
- Born after 11 April, 1993;
- Are in their final year of study in their Bachelor’s degree in any field at the time of application or already have a Bachelor’s degree;
- Will commit themselves to the entirety of the symposium, 11-14 April 2024;
- Is proficient in English;
- Has never attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums or Yenching Social Innovation Forums;
- Has a strong interest in China.
- Please save your responses on a Microsoft Word document for your reference. Drafts will not be saved. Please submit the full application when all responses are filled.
- Your responses should be a maximum of 300 words (for each essay response).
- Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted.
- If English is not your first language or you have not graduated from an English-taught program, please describe your English proficiency. Ideally, applicants will have a minimum of IELTS 7/TOEFL 100/Cambridge 180/CEFR C1 (screenshots are accepted). If you have never taken a standardized English test, the quality of your responses can serve as testimony towards your English ability and the Executive Committee may ask for further proof of your English proficiency. This requirement will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- YGS is fully funded for all accepted delegates (the Symposium organizers cover your airfare, accommodation, and meals). It is a scam if you receive any emails or communications asking for payment following your application.