【Call for Expression of Interest – Internship Programme for FAO headquarters (HQ)】
FAO（国際連合食糧農業機関：Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations）のイタリア・ローマ本部では日当つきのインターンを募集しています。
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With 195 Members, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The Internship Programme aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest academic experience in FAO’s domains. The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO.
Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO's Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The intern will report to an assigned supervisor.
The intern will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office.
• Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/.
• Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
• Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
• Be nationals of FAO Members.
• Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
• Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
• FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
• Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented Members, as well as candidates from Low-Income Food-Deficit Countries (LIFDCs), Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs), and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
• All applications will be reviewed, and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
• Candidates who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO will not be eligible for another internship.
• Selected candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed country of assignment prior to joining the Organization.
• Candidates with family members (defined as mother, father, sister, or brother) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
• FAO provides a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.