概要: EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer Research Program
Cutting-edge research ranging from engineering to quantitative biology at the shores of Lake Geneva.
The SRP Online application is now OPEN for SRP 2024.
Program dates: July 3rd to August 28th 2024
Before applying, please read the SRP site including the FAQs.
We offer international bachelor/1st year master’s Life Science students eight weeks of lab-immersion during the summer. Join one of our research groups and experience what it means to be part of the thriving science community in Switzerland. Open to students in biology, biophysics, chemistry, bioengineering, bioinformatics, quantitative biology and related fields
- 20-25 participants each summer
- 8 weeks of lab experience
- Mentoring by faculty and scientific staff
- Access to scientific seminars
- Science related & personal development Friday afternoon workshops
- Closing symposium with poster session or presentations from all participants
- Rich program of social activities, including a day hike to Swiss alps with raclette, BBQs and a few possible excursions to points of interest such as CERN
- 2 months – July 3rd to August 25th 2023
- Students must be present during the entire program
- Application deadline – January 31st 2023 CET
- Please note that you must have your documents and referee details ready to upload when you start to fill out the application. There is no option to save and come back to it. Also, the referees will only receive their link to upload your letter when you submit your application. Please keep this in mind when organizing your application.
- Each student receives CHF 3,400 for the two-month period which covers housing and living costs.
- Housing is reserved and paid for out of the stipends beforehand.
- Students are housed together either in Lausanne or possibly in Geneva depending on lab assignment.
- Students have either single rooms or double rooms and share a kitchen and bathroom facilities with their fellow SRP participants. We cannot make special housing arrangements.
- The majority of travel costs to and from Switzerland is covered. The program reimburses up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances
- be currently enrolled in a university in biology, bio-physics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses or other life sciences related programs
- have a minimum of GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate work up to the first year of a master’s degree before the start of the program
- show a strong interest in pursuing a career in life sciences
- must apply using the on-line application. No other formats are acceptable.